Pages

Friday, September 29, 2023

September 29, 2023

Sophia and I have a lot of fun together. I would argue that Sophia is closest to her mother, but after that I may come in second, mostly because Sophia can always count on me and I always listen to her, having mostly "adult" conversations with her.

Yesterday in the car ride home from soccer practice, Sophia and I talked a lot about relationships.

It started with talking about Olivia being on the phone for 30 minutes with Will, who is away at college, a freshman, Olivia a senior in high school.

Kiri calls Olivia and Sophia to supper but Olivia is delayed -- saying she will be there in two minutes and that turns into four minutes and that turns into thirty minutes.

Sophia shows up at the table immediately. I suggested that Kiri probably gets angry with Olivia but Sophia said that her mother does not get upset. Sophia and Kiri simply have dinner without Olivia.

Sophia said that she's beginning to feel like an only child, and there's not much time left. Olivia will go off to college next year.

But Sophia says she is very, very lucky: she has two great parents and two great grandparents and one great sister (that would Arianna, not Olivia -- LOL). 

Sophia loves Arianna -- except when Arianna acts like her (Sophia's) mom.

Then Sophia talked about how wonderful it was during the Covid lock down that I taught her everything: math, science, reading, everything. But Grammy taught her music and painting.

Sophia said Grammy must have gotten bored with Sophia's abilities in painting and music (I don't quite remember how Sophia phrased it -- but she was incredibly appreciative of what Grammy taught her). 

We reminisced about the Covid lock down days. I asked her what her favorite painting was -- they did a painting every two to four weeks. I knew what she was going to say, and she did not disappoint. Her favorite painting was "the fox."

No comments:

Post a Comment